Wednesday, October 21, 2009

skin issues

As long as I can remember I have had problems with my skin.  Eczema around my mouth and nose, a few pimples here and there and a shiny t-zone.  Years ago I found a cleaning and moisturizing routine that worked so I vowed never to sway.  Famous last words.  Jump to the present with a recent shopping trip to Sephora where a very friendly and helpful sales woman turned me on to two products that I now swear I cannot live without!  I love a reason to buy new makeup!

Living in the mountains leaves my skin very dry.  Korres Natural Products Thyme Honey Cream has given my skin an inner glow, firm texture and has all but eliminated the eczema.  Made with all natural ingredients this thick 24-hour cream is paraben, mineral oil, silicone, propylene glycol and ethanolamine free.

I don't wear heavy makeup especially when it comes to foundation.  I like a clean look that allows my freckles to show through but provides enough coverage to hide the flaws.  I have been using Prescriptives for years but again, this very helpful sales woman turned me on to Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer.  Not only does it offer lightweight coverage but it gives a boost with moisturizer AND spf 20.  You can't get any better than that!

I have fallen in love with these two products.  My skin has never felt or looked better (even with a lack of sleep from the kids!)  Sephora is great for on-line shopping too.  With free returns (no questions asked even if you have sampled the product) to free shipping with orders over $50 to 3 free samples with every purchase this is a simple way to stock up on the winter essentials. 

No comments: