Friday, October 16, 2009

sleep my child (part II)

Another night without much sleep.  You start to wonder how long a person can survive without REM.  Kiki woke throughout the night complaining.  I say complaining since it wasn't a full blown cry but enough to know she was distressed.  I am stumped.  Is it time to stop the swaddle?  Is it time to let her "cry it out"?  She starts this routine most nights at 1:00am, sleeps for 1/2 hour to 1 hour then cries enough for you to have to hold and rock her back to sleep, sleep lasts another hour before it starts again.  By 3:30am I am done,  I scoop her up and bring her to our bed where she sleeps (somewhat) peacefully until 7:00am.

Grainger was locked in his room again last night.  No crying, no complaining.  This could work for awhile or at least until we figure out how to get Kepley to sleep six hours in a row.  I am really tired.

Enough jibber jabber...I have laundry to do, de-clutter to takle and a letter that needs to get in the mail.  Must run.  Tomorrow is the PTA Pumpkin Sale on the Jackson Town Square at 10am.  If it is as nice tomorrow as it is today we should have a fantastic time!

1 comment:

Zoe said...

I know it is controversial, but I am a big believer in letting them cry it out. It is awful and you will want to run screaming from the house, but you (and the children) will be glad in the long run when everyone knows how to sleep. I've seen many parents suffer for many, many years with children who do not know how to sleep without a parent and am glad we went through the very hard week of crying and can now enjoy our kids' bedtime, adult evenings and full nights of sleep. I recommend taking a bath, with the water and fan running, while the baby cries and Adam listens. It might be too much for your maternal instincts. Either way, good luck!